question about background checks?

hello! I got a job at a warehouse. I'd be a general employee (so i guess i'd be a loader/unloader...not quite sure yet). They told me they are just waiting on the background check but they could have me start training right away and if it comes back positive for something bad they'd just let me go. I have 2 dui's on my record, neither a felony. One happened in '99, the other in '05. Please no bashing, I was young, no kids yet, and learned my lesson. I have had a clean slate since and rarely drink anymore. I was just wondering if that would count against me or are they looking more for violent crimes/felonies??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't think that is enough for them to say no to you. But, if it's a private small company and the person running it has a grudge against that kind of thing then there is a slight chance. BUT I don't think it's enough for them to say no over.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 11:19 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Hard to say. Just keep your fingers crossed and wait and see.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:18 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Every company has their own policy on what they will accept as far as a background check goes. It's been 6 years since the last DUI, I would think you'll be ok as long as you didn't lie about your past on the application. Fingers crossed for you!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:20 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Not sure, but I think they are looking for robberies or things along those lines. Good luck!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:21 AM on Dec. 13, 2010