Pregnancy and College

In 3 weeks I am returning to college. I have spent a lot of time looking for a non-rolling backpack that will have enough support to get me through the rest of the pregnancy. When I go back in January I am going to be in my 2nd trimester.
Does anyone know of a good backpack that has a lot of support, a lot of room, is cute, and is organized? On a normal day I have to carry...
Binder
Notebook
Medical Dictionary
Netbook Computer
Books for Class (can vary from 1 to 3)
Pens
Pencils
Calculator
Etc.
I am running out of time to find a bookbag that will work for me. So if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. As you can see though, I can't really just carry everything to class without a backpack. And I don't want to do a rolling backpack because the majority of the time my husband carries my backpack from the car to class and from class to the car. But when we return I have class on Monday and he doesn't.
Thanks and sorry for going on and on. I'm just getting irritated because I can't find anything and can't get any suggestions except for the rolling backpack.

lc20101782

Asked by lc20101782 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They have ones that roll. Kind of like the rolling suit cases. Try that.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 11:20 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I don't mean to be rude but bseastrand....DID YOU EVEN READ HER POST? She said multiple times she did NOT want a rolling one.

Anyways I'm a college student as well. When I was pregnant with my 17 month old son I was in school for most of my pregnancy. The semester ended a month before I had him.

I used sholder bad. It was too much for me to have to carry it all on my back. I felt like I was being weighed down and it hurt my lower back no matter what kind I tried.

The sholder one kind of shifted the weight to my hips in a way and was much more comfortable. I also tried to leave books in the car and run out to the car to get them before the next class if I had enough time between classes.

BE SURE TO PACK SNACKS!! I would get so dizzy and sick feeling at school after a long day so I would bring fruti, granola bars, etc. to keep me going.

GOOD LUCK! It's tough to go to school and be pregnant but it's worth it!!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• shoulder**
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I was in college when I was pregnant with my twins and I admit I don't remember that being a problem. Could you ask a classmate to bring some of it for you? Perhaps the college will arrange a locker for you.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• a messenger bag?
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 4:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I am in college to and i am 5 months now, whats wrong with rolling backpacks?
    Onenamillion

Answer by Onenamillion at 4:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Why wouldn't you want a rolling one? Just because it isn't "cool"?
    I think you won't care when you get to the point where you have a constant lower backache, where your uterus is attached.
    squish

Answer by squish at 10:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I used a L.L. Bean backpack. The straps are super comfy and they have alot of room
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 9:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2010