I can't take fenugreek what can I do to increase my milk supply?

I took fenugreek for about 2 weeks and I have LEEP scheduled for the 20th of this month! My LO went through his 6mo growth spurt so he went from taking 5oz 3x while i was away to taking 8-10oz 3x I can't keep up with his demand...don't think anyone could with that kinda change overnight...any suggestions? Also with the fenugreek I was bruising way to easily because it increases your blood volume...or so I've read, won't be taking that again! BTW I work 40 hours a week as a server...I do my best to pump 2-3 time during an 8-10 hour shift :(

bamaunicorn

Asked by bamaunicorn at 3:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my baby was in the NICU my milk supply in the beginning was starting to deplete. So I did the fenugreek and it was slow ,moving. SO I talk to the neonates docs in the nicu amd they prescribed Reglan. Reglan is a reflux medication that will also increase your milk supply. If you don't want to do that. After your baby nurses in the evening, You can drink a dark lager beer. The darker the better. I know nasty stuff but it works like a charm. I guarantee that your milk will start a flowing. It only takes one beer and it should help increase your milk supply. Also it is good to drink one beer whenever the baby is growing and seems always attached to the breast. This way your body will make extra milk and it saves on sore boobs. I hope this helps and kudos for breastfeeding!
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 3:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Drink lots and lots and lots and lots of water. Sometimes pumping also increases supply, but be wary of it because with some women it reduces their supply.
    LilLegs

Answer by LilLegs at 3:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Eat oatmeal, and try to nurse more when you are together.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Drink a beer. Seriously... I did that with all three of my kiddos as per my doc's reccomendation. It reallllly works... but note, I said A beer ; ) It doesn't hurt baby at all, but you'll have discomfort from being so full!
    praisinghim2day

Answer by praisinghim2day at 12:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2008