How do you keep your cat out of the Christmas Tree?

I have caught Zebra in the tree a few times. My tree is only two or three years old so I don't want it ruined or my ornaments broke or her getting hurt if the tree falls or lights get caught around her. GRRRRRRRRR, that darn cat! I spray her with the water bottle.

horsesteelers

Asked by horsesteelers at 11:36 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Holidays

• Ok, my friend had this same problem so they put tin foil around the base, and apparently the cat hated the feeling/sound of the tin foil. Not sure if it will work for you but it sounds like a shot!
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 11:49 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• We opted for a small Christmas tree that is on top of a book shelf in our living room. We took all the nick nacks off the book shelf & that's where we're putting the gifts. We got a kitten a few months back....a very male dominant kitten, he is super frisky! I really hope that one year we can have a big real tree again. I don't think there is any good way to keep them off of it unless it's out of reach like ours. Keep up with the water bottle. Cats will learn, but they are way more stubborn than dogs so it can take a lot longer.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:42 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Well when she was little and once climbed it and it fell down. She never did it again.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• id like to know this too!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• When my cats were little they climbed it. But only when they were kittens. After that, my cat loved sitting under it and drinking the water. He was so cute.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• the only thing i can think of is to keep spraying zebra with the water bottle....i was going to say find something to push her out of it but i dont know how the tree would handle zebra moving around like crazy lol......
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 1:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2010