What is the best diaper pail for cloth diapers?

My mom said she just used a bucket with bleach water when I was a kid, but I'm allergic to bleach, and that kinda negates the reasons we are using cloth in the first place. But all the diaper pails I'm looking at are for disposables - plastic bag liners and what not - so I'm starting to think a bucket is going to be the best option we get... Which then makes me worry about a smell if I can't wash them every day.

If you use Cloth, what do you use? Is there a diaper pail made for cloth? Or should I just get a cheap "can" or bucket from the dollar store like I use for my pads and put some OxyClean or vinegar water in it?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:36 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just use a garbage pail with a lid that pops open and a cloth diaper pail liner.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I just use a netted laundry bag that I hang in the garage next to the washer. You can buy bags made for cloth diapers, but my laundry bag has worked great for almost 2 years now! :)
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I use a lidded trash can with a foot pedal (Simple Human). I have a large diaper pail liner instead of a trash bag.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2010