So is it just me who's NOT impressed?

So I get to work and a co-worker proudly imforms us she is a true employee because she is working and has the flu. I'm pissed. Why do some feel they should come infect everyone just to be at work. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.......I find it disrespectful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Health

• No, it's not just you. It's completely irresponsible when people choose to show up for work sick and expose others to their illness. It's absolutely absurd and totally unacceptable.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 11:38 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Me too. I hate that. I would say I'm sure the company will appreciate you spreading your germs lol
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 11:38 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My attitude, if you can walk, you can work! That's just what adults do. Calling off work isn't an option for me unless I need to be hospitalized, that's what good employees do...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:39 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It's totally wrong. I would report this person to either a supervisor or the HR department. They don't want a sick employee infecting other workers who will subsequently end up having to call in scik.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:39 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Sabrina your wrong. You are most likely the one who gives your kid tylenol in the morning when they are sick and send them to school.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• If it were school I could see it diffrent, but as an adult, no fever, no puking, and no diarea.

That is what they made disinfectant sprays, wipes and soaps....

She can't be too sick if she is working......

Good luck!!! Stay away from the person. If she wants to brag, just tell her stay away, I don't want to get sick... :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My husband's work chewed him last year when he called in for having the swine flu. Theyalso totally screwed over a lot of employees by changing the absnese policy from 6 in a 6 month period to in a 12 month period but never informed anyone so they fired a lot of people for having too many absenses. Their policy seems to be work comes first and even if you're in the hospital unless it's something you can get FMLA time or somethign similar on you're goint to pay for it. We had a friend who was hospitized when he had a seizure on thefront end and an idiot fellow cashier who thought she knew all about his diabetes saw the time displayed on his pump and figured it was saying 500 instead of 5.00 and proceeded to pump him full of insulin making it worse. He nearly died and they penilized him majorly on his return for all the days he missed during his week and half long hospital stay.
    When the option is work or be fired. Most work.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 11:43 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I go to work when I'm sick. I also make sure to carry a mini bottle of hand sanitizer and use it as often as possible and try not to touch things like doorknobs and other objects with my bare hands that I know a million people will have their hands on. Some of us can't afford to take time off of work, and not just for financial reasons. I don't have the time off to waste when I need that time off in case one of my kids are sick. I also don't brag about how sick I am and showing up to work, that's just dumb.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:48 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It's nasty but some folks cannot afford to take the day off
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:50 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I bet that many of the moms who say you should go to work sick, also complain when a sick child comes to school and infects their child. I've worked with people who came to work sick. It's NEVER a good thing. Hand sanitizer is great. But, it doesn't cover air borne germs from coughing & sneezing. Maybe a co-worker doesn't get sick but carries the germs home & a child gets sick & has to miss school. So you may not be able to afford to take a sick day, maybe nobody else can either. Does it make it right to go to work sick & infect others who can't afford to be sick?
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2010