Whats the best thing for a migrain?

I get migrains often but i think its from stress how do i get rid of the migrains besides hetting rid of the stress

kimmy77

Asked by kimmy77 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Health

• There are a few over the counter and natural methods I know of to get rid of migraines. The first is over the counter Excedrine Migraine. It is a combination of acetomenophen (Tylenol), aspirin and caffeine. So if you have acetemenphen and aspirin already in the house, take two of each along with a cup of strong coffee and it will have the same effect. Avoid lots of caffeine on a regular basis though, in order to cut down on the headaches. Caffeine is one of those things where a small amount is good, but too much is a bad idea. Another effective method of headache reduction is lavender and peppermint essential oils. Pure essential oils, mind you, not fragrance oils. A drop of each in along with a small amount of carrier oil on applied to the temple or inhaled on a tissue will ease the symptoms of migraine, especially if you apply it and then lie down in a darkened room for 5-10 minutes of deep breathing and relaxation.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 12:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Make sure you drink lots of water (Headaches and migrains are generally caused by dehydration.) Also putting a hot pack on your neck, getting a weekly massage, and having a warm bath every night should help with them too.
    goodluck!
    Tinkermumma

Answer by Tinkermumma at 12:16 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• For me seeing a chiropractor did it. I have not had one in over 8 year. But there were things he suggested I cut out to help not bring them on.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• The thing that works for me is to lay down in a dark room, (I use a sleep mask) and it has to be quiet. If there's time for a little nap, so much the better.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:46 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Tylenol with codiene
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:49 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Excedrin Migraine always does wonders for me. I also feel better after I lay down in a cool, dark, quiet room with a cold, wet rag on my forehead for about 30 minutes. All of that combined usually gets rid of my headache.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• An orgasm will help a migrain.
    Anonymous

• dark room & quiet
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I usually drink a bunch of water and then take a nap.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:04 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Thanks every one i appreciate all your answers u have helped me out with some very unique ideas
    kimmy77

Comment by kimmy77 (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Dec. 13, 2010