in a family tree have you ever notice things ?

today my sister and i are doing are family tree stuff, and in the tree we have notice that my great- great- great grandmama had 3 sons with the same name but the first one past away in the winter from having a cold so then the 2 nd boy got the same name too but he pasted from polio and the 3 rd son now has the same name witch he lived in his 80s but i thougt that was weird so i asked my grandmama witch she is 98 yrs old she told me back then that if 1 person past the next child would get the same name has anyone every noticed that in the family tree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Just for Fun

• no. lol srry
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Yes. Same thing in my family tree. It was a common practice.
    Anonymous

• hmmm interesting. i wanted to name my second son after my cousin Leland Eugene, he died at birth. Unfortunately my hubby wouldnt go for it. you have me curious now :P i'm going to have to talk to my brother about that being he is the one who did our family tree research...
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 3:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Wow! I have never heard that, but it would be interesting to see!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• yes, it was very common.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2008