Do you think we should be at war right now? Why or why not? (s/o of draft question)

I'm just sincerely curious as to how you ladies feel. I'd like to know whether you feel we need to still be over there fighting, and please give a reason for your opinion, either way.

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 11:53 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• They have been pretty quiet about Afghanistan so I really don't know what they are trying to accomplish anymore. I am beginning to think nothing can be accomplished with their corrupt government. I'm afraid we are losing men and women needlessly.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• No, I think they should have went in got the job done and be home. You can't win a PC war.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• NO we went into war on lies and our men and women are dieing for What??

We are making more terrorist by being there! They hate us because we are killing their families Not because we are Free Americans.

Everyday new info is coming out that we should not be there and why aren't people reading it?

Bush did a good job scaring you all, by saying "do you want to fight him here or there?" "you are with us or you are against us"

9/11 the men died so why are we still killing? breaking us there camps does not take 9-years. So I think we are there for oil, like it was said from the start. I hoped it wasn't true.

I'm in for a war if they attack us then we fight back. It was nine men, not a country!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• No, and I believe Ron Paul states it beautifully as to the reasons we shouldn't be in EITHER place

There is no positive end game for either. Sadaam was a somewhat controlled incapacitated leader..when we leave WHO will fill that void?

We won't "WIN" anything from either place. We broke them (for DECADES) and we will abandoned them eventually ...and years from now we will have ANOTHER revenge style attack on our country....(just like 9/11 was)

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Interesting how the human rights activists are vocal about doing things to improve the lot of abused people in many places - for instance helping the egregiously-brutalized people connected to diamond-mining in the Congo. (Conflict-free diamonds are the new vogue)

And yet when the U.S. actually DOES act against human rights abuses, then it's not okay. Is that because the activists aren't in charge, so they don't receive the donation monies?

"I was there under Saddam Hussein. I was there when we brought in the first relief to cross the border following liberation. Life under Saddam was an absolute nightmare – a horror," Joseph observed. "I remember that if the phone rang, or if somebody came to the home unannounced, everyone went into absolute panic."
    "One of my relatives was in Abu Ghraib prison for 4 years simply because she refused to sleep with an Iraqi official."
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I agree with Carpy. They should have gone in and gotten the job done, and gotten out. (like ninja's) But, they can't do that because of all the PC crap. Iraq? Probably not. Afghanistan? Probably so. But it should have been over with by now.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2010