Not a question : religious debate

It is stupid to keep on about religion , youre not going to change anybodys mind and it just makes ppl mad .

bekkaboo89

Asked by bekkaboo89 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Religious Debate

• A good clean debate can be educational. The problem is it turns into a defensive thingand then a fight. If people stuck to the facts and picked ther words more carefully it would be a much better 'debate' Debates can be heated without getting personal.
    Anonymous

• It makes me mad when others can't accept that not all people feel and believe that same way as they do. There's always going to be someone with a different view on things and I just wish everyone was open-minded enough to accept that. I like having religious debates, I like learning about other's beliefs and their ways of life. I just don't like seeing others trash talk and downgrade others because they believe differently.

poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I didn't know anyone was trying to change minds... I know that's never been my reasoning. However, education comes in all forms and the point of many of these debates isn't to change but to educate. If nothing else they get people - at least SOME people - thinking. Sure, those who prefer to stick their fingers in their ears and scream rather than facing fact aren't going to learn anything - even though most times they need it most. But I know I have learned some great stuff here & I've found some great things to further educate myself on as well... I can only assume others have as well.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:34 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/12/2/129042873422751575.jpg

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• i am a christian matter of fact but i think theres 2 things you shouldnt discuss, religion and politics

Hmmm bet you didn't bother to put this over in the PC&E section though did you?
    MOST people who come to this section are curious about what others believe or why they believe as tehy do. In which case there is nothing wrong with asking questions. However you've got to take the good with the bad and expect that some will come just to make trouble. It's just something that happens. If it's going to bother a person they are welcome to not engage in the discussion or avoid the section altogether. However telling other's they shouldn't discuss certain topics makes them wonder what fight you're trying to bring about. You have no control over OTHER people only yourself, and that includes the discussions they engage in.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Not all Christians try to shove beliefs down your throat... I am a Christian and have been taught to spread the Word, tell of the wonderful love of Jesus...That's really all you have to say to "spread the word" GOD IS GOOD!!!!

That is my way of spreading the word, not asking anyone to agree with me, just the way I see things. :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Its is not stupid to have confidence in your beliefs and to have the opportunity to talk respectively about them. Talking come within the happiness of my heart, not what the public thinks of them.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

**********************************

I agree!!!
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Not all of us debate to change people's minds. I love hearing other people's opinions, and having a chance to share how I see things. I find it fascinating. Not all of us are out to convert people, just to have an open exchange of opinions, beliefs, and information. To lump us all together as though we're all guilty of being closed minded fools out to win/save souls or something that is a fallacy on your own end, it doesn't change the way this section really works or the people here who are just genuinely interested in matters of faith.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• The same can apply to politics and parenting and any other topic. But nice try on attempting to stir the pot, open a can of worms or whatever. Back under your bridge
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2010