Anyone out there have mirena and have wierd headaches with it?

Just wondering if I'm alone on this one. I have headaches almost like migraines only thing is the last for maybe a minute and will come and go like that for hours. I wonder if they may be stress induced or if I need to be seen by my doc. One of the warnings on the information packed lists headaces as a problem. The only reason I haven't had it removed yet...despite the many problems I have had with it... is because it's 1 of only 2 forms of birth control that I can take while breastfeeding. From time to time the do feel like a true migraine and last a couple of hours...but I can't take excedrin migraine b/c of the aspirin in it! Any answers would help!

bamaunicorn

Asked by bamaunicorn at 3:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Health

• I haven't had any issues with headaches. I also haven't had the Mirena very long yet though. Can you take Motrin maybe? As you said though, it could be stress. Keep me posted. Hope you feel better. :)
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 4:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• can't take motrin because i'm breastfeeding. The headaces have subsided for now. I had a colposcopy and leep done 11-21-08 and they said that because of the pain I was having during the procedure...when they moved my cervix around...that I most likely have an infection that can be treated by antibiotics, but I can't have a pap to test for the infection. I have to have them run a blood test and check my white blood cell count! Maybe after they figure it out I won't have any further problems with the mirena! (The infection is probably what is causing my pain!) I was dehydrated...that's what was causing the headaches!:)
    bamaunicorn

Answer by bamaunicorn at 4:31 AM on Nov. 22, 2008