Do you see church as just an organization or as place of intimate relationship

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 12:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Both. Definitely a personal relationship because there is a wonderful feeling I am left with. Running a anything in a professional manner is smart. But if you mean, organized as in profits to gain only, then no.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think it SHOULD be more about a relationship, but it's not. The idea behind Church is a good one, but like so many other things, in practice it's little more than a business.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• ^I agree with 2tinyhineys^
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 1:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I see it as a money-grubbing corporation, one who cares more about how much they can pay a pastor and how big and fancy a church they can put up than they do about the well-being of the people that they leech off of. It is not a place of companionship unless you are content with companions who criticize everything you do and demean you at every opportunity. But that's just MY experience. Perhaps yours has been better. Or perhaps your's is not the REAL experience and MINE is.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• organization- more business than personal

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It depends. My church is large, so a lot of it is organization, run like a business. However, when you go to smaller group activities such as Bible Study, Sunday School class, etc. it's a lot more about relationship with others and with Christ.

Answer by missanc at 12:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I'm going to say organization. It's definitely more business than personal, but it should be the other way around. I'm not saying all churches are this way, but most of them are.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Orginization. Intimate relationship between you and your beliefs shouldn't involve a church or a congregation. It should be only you and your beliefs. Therefore, I believe that orginized religion, whereas it can be beneficial to some, shouldn't be a means of connecting with your beliefs.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It depends. Both, I guess. Church, in general, I see as an organization, but a specific church, where one feels at home and so forth, can be a place of intimate worship/relationship as well. I don't feel a church is necessary, but it can be a vital, beautiful part of faith as well.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Partially a way to hang with those of like minds and beliefs...like a community.
    Partially a business trying to make money and be influential.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2010