would you rather have a vintage house or a newly built house

I thought we wanted a newly built house... we searched and searched and found 2 that we loved... when it came time to buy we almost got them but thank God we got inspections done before we went further with either.... even though both of them were in different areas and built by differnt people/companies ... neither of them passed... they both had a ton of problems that would cost 10s of thousands of dollars to fix....

we finally went and looked at a little cape cod that was built in 1947 .... it passed the inspection, the only problem was under the sunroon there was a crack that could cause problems .... we got it fixed for $800... and now we have been living here for almost a year and it was been wonderful ! We are now vintage house lovers lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ooh... vintage victorian house has always been my dream!
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• An up to date older home. They have good bones.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My dh built our last home so I love the thought of an old one.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I really love vintage houses, but the thought of having a new house built exactly the way I want it sounds nice too!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would take a new house any day of the week. We used to have a house built in 1955 and even though we remodeled the whole thing and it looked great, we had problems with the house. There was no insulation in any of the walls that we didn't rip down, and we had major issues with lead.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• dream house is the one i live in.. its the first one me and my hubby have ever lived in together. its amazing. its a house built in the 60s around a really cool fire place that was here from a previous home. its really old and has a cool little kettle hook and is huge. it is a cream color with green shutters.. i picked the colors out to remind me of the home i grew up in. it has amazing crown molding through the house and is really big and old timely i love it. i say vintage is the way to go.
    Meghan6391

Answer by Meghan6391 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Vintage, theyre always built so much better!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Vintage, we have a house that was built 1917 and my friends that have new homes build have some many problems. Ours has only been things that need to be replaced after time.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• NEW!!! I love vintage clothing and I love to look at vintage homes....But I would love to live in a new crisp clean no fix up place.... Its like when I move in to a place if it all clean and new looking it stays that way but if it all old and broken down .. it stays a mess.. I dont take pride in my home if it is not new and crisp looking MODERN
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It depends...I've had both. I've lived in an old victorian farm house growing up that was falling apart...and its still needing to be fixed.
    I lived in a house as old as I am that was great because it didn't really need any work
    I lived in a house a few years old and that was great again because it didn't need any work.
    Now I live in a brand new house which passed all inspections. It's showing a few kinks but thankfully they're all coming out before the house is a yr old so they're getting replaced/fixed for free (this is including the dishwasher that refuses to drain, new cabinets because the drawer faces and cabinet doors keep falling off and floor and drywall repairs, and the bathtub mysteriously got a huge whole in it).
    I like new right now only because we don't have any extra money to be fixing up a house. I do eventually want to either build my own home or get a really old one that needs fixing...
    No_Difference

Answer by No_Difference at 12:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2010