discipline/8yr old

Im sorry, I asked the question about the 8yr old boy who needs proper discipline and I failed to say that he is diagnosed with aspergers and is on resperadone.
I am his aunt, his best friend and companion since birth, so I need to do whats right for him, how do I make sure he has the proper coping skills. He gets so angry, so fast.
I have tried to have talks with him when he is calm and I do know that he knows he is doing wrong but cant control himself at the time. I welcome any advice.

ang2100

Asked by ang2100 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Wait until he is ready to talk, when he is ready he will come.

My daughter is not a good communicator, she flips her lid all the time..> I just walk away to avoid conflict and she comes to me, sorry mom, or like it never happen that is when I say: You owe me an appoligie, she is finally getting it, she is also 14 so that could be it, but it might work for you too.

Sometimes a hug too, when they are happy, try hugging him, sometimes that is all a kid needs.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It sounds like he needs therapies and special services to me.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My son is 7 1/2 and on the same meds for his aspergers. I can "usually" tell when he is starting to go into sensory overload. I try to counter act it with weight. he wears a weighted vest at school. I made one for him at home as well or we use a corn sack or 2. you may want to try yoga with him. the stretching is very good for them as well as the deep breathing. My son benefits from "muscle work" it could be shoveling snow ( He loves it, I think because it does help him) he also likes to help Dad with his scrap business (he helps sort the metal) he also is very good at stacking the fire wood. When we go places I do the social story thing with him and explain to him what 'might' happen ie; loud noises, flashing lights crowds, etc. I always bring his head phones along just in case and keep ear plugs in my purse as back up. Chewing gum also helps my son on a smaller scale If you need more help message me

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 14, 2010