How do I potty train my 3 1/2 year old boy?

My son is 3 1/2 and I potty trained him back in July and Aug. He is in pre-school this year and he keeps pooping and peeing in his pants daily, sometimes more than once a day. The teachers are frustrated and so am I. I'm afraid they won't want him in this school much longer.

MoniqueGebeau

Asked by MoniqueGebeau at 12:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm surprised he's in school when he's not fully potty trained. I know one of the rules in my daughter's preschool was she had to be completely potty trained in order to enroll.

Try making him go to the bathroom every 45 minutes. Every kid is different so maybe a reward system would work. Whatever you do you have to keep at it. I know I had issues with my daughter because she would be too engrossed in play/activity so she'd 'forget' to go.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2010