Have you seen the show downsized??

What are things you guys have had to do to "downsize" your spending or living to keep you a float??

2prettylittle1s

Asked by 2prettylittle1s at 12:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• I've seen maybe one episode of it. We cut off our heater or air conditioner when we don't need it and just open up some windows. We usually only turn out heater on at night. We make a list out before grocery shopping and stick to that list and nothing else. We buy two weeks worth of groceries at once because we actually save more moeny that way than buying a week of groceries at a time. I'm also a coupon cutter and we always buy the cheapest product.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Cut out our home phone, just cells now. Cut down to basic cable. Buying the basics when grocery shopping. Also using coupons and good deals. Keeping the heat low to save on electricity.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• we're already downsized. DH & i are very simple people & like to keep it that way.

If there is anything that we need to cut back on, it's probably food. I like to cook good, healthy stuff & it can cost a lot sometimes to eat the way i like to.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I spend a good amount of time online looking for deals and coupons. I never walk into a store without a coupon. Buy the way, I love the show downsized. It seems the most real of any reality store. I'm boggled by the fact a teacher with a master's degree is only making 39,300.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• *show, not store---had shopping on the brain i guess.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• We have quit eating out as much and started cooking at home more.
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 2:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Eating out and the grocery budget have been two of our biggest.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• We haven't really downsized; we just watch every penny carefully.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2010