How do you get rid of the smell of dog pee??

We are potty training our puppy and she still has lots of accidents, my house is starting to stink!! I use a paper towel to soak it up then carpet cleaner or floor cleaner!! Nothing is working!!

2prettylittle1s

Asked by 2prettylittle1s at 12:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Pets

• sorry i just got home to answer back: You want to mix the baking soda with water first and kinda pat it into the carpet. It'll help trap the stuff in the carpet and then you can vacuum it up & it'll also help wash the area. Add a little vinegar to neutralize everything & disinfect (it'll most likely bubble). It's always worked wonders for me, & its cheap and usually in your house already :). Animals can't stand vinegar either so it'll detere them from using that same spot. I usually also cover the floor in baking soda once a month and vacuum it up to deoderize the carpet in general. If you want a different scent you can get some potporui (sp?) and mix a little in.
    No_Difference

Answer by No_Difference at 8:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Get a cleaner designed for pet urine. It should have an enzyme in that will break down the pee. They work really well.
    Bluebonnet72

Answer by Bluebonnet72 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• White vinegar!!!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 1:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• We get this fabric cleaner that's designed for the purpose of pet odors and stuff. It works wonderfully when we use it on our carpet or couch!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Baking soda and white vinegar
    No_Difference

Answer by No_Difference at 1:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I feel your pain... my dog has started peeing in the house sometimes because he is getting really old. A heavy duty carpet cleaner will work or like bluebonnet said, there are cleaners designed for just that thing.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 1:02 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Thanks ladies??? Is there any home remedies u use??
    2prettylittle1s

Comment by 2prettylittle1s (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Go buy Eco 88....works awesome.

Might try vinegar and water BUT color test your carpet first.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Do you mix the bs and wv?????
    2prettylittle1s

Comment by 2prettylittle1s (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yes vinegar. It covers the smell so the dog won't use the same spot again. I have used it a couple different ways. Mix with water or pour it on then baking soda makes it all foamy an buble up then let it dry and vaccuum
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 1:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2010