Potty raining: Is it True?

Is it true that you child has to be fully potty trained before you are able to send them to preschool? Doesnt Pre school start at 3yrs old?

chanelsparkels

Asked by chanelsparkels at 1:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It depends on the preschool. Typically a preschool will without a day-care component will require full-potty training for their programs. Yes, programs start at 3 years old and yes, they still are expected to be fully potty trained. Teachers understand kids have accidents, but if they're having regular accidents, they may be asked to leave the program.

OP - kindergarten depends on your districts cut-off date. Traditionally kids begin K at 5 yrs old unless they turn 5 between the start of the school year and the cut-off date. My town is a Oct 1 cut-off. DD turned 5 on Sept 12. School started, that year, on Sept 3. She was 4 the day she started and turned 5 before the first month was out.

Poptart - preschool programs do start at 3 yrs old. Some, in fact, have programs beginning at 2 1/2 yrs old. There was a big demand for it in our area and the school I volunteer at (and my kids attend) added such a program last year.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I've always heard they have to be. And everyone I've known that's started preschool started when they were 4.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I thought Kindergarten was at 4? humm
    chanelsparkels

Comment by chanelsparkels (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Pretty much all do but there are a few that don't. You would have to call and find out. Kindergarten is when they are 5 or 6 years old. Depending on when there birthday is in the year and the schools cut off is.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Preschool is 4 where I am and they have to be potty trained. Kindergarten here is 5 years old by Oct 1st.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 1:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• ok maybe i am thinking of Headstart then? what age is that?
    chanelsparkels

Comment by chanelsparkels (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• pre-k is 4, kindergarten is 5
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Most preschools I know of do, but some don't. I think the one I know of takes 2 year old too so they usually aren't trained yet. I would just call around and ask.
    brimarie

Answer by brimarie at 2:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• cool thanks
    chanelsparkels

Comment by chanelsparkels (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010