Which formula should I use?

I have been breast feeding my LO since he was born and he is 4 months old now. I am not producing as much milk anymore so I need to supplement with formula. Can anybody help me out and give me their opinion?

frstimemom2010

Asked by frstimemom2010 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Whatever baby will take. HOWEVER, you should know that four months is a classic time for moms to start thinking they're not making enough. And 99.9 percent of the time they're wrong!

Usual complaints:

My breasts aren't full any more. (Normal. That means perfect regulation of supply. Full = BAD.)

I don't pump as much. (Normal. Expected output is .5 - 2 ounces TOTAL, and baby always gets more at the breast than the pump can.

Baby is fussy. (Normal. It's growth spurt time... and teething may be underway.)

I don't feel letdown. (Normal. Letdown sensation diminishes.)

Are you still changing about five dipes a day? Content matters not; poo or pee, five dipes.

Knowing all this... how are you *really* doing?

Answer by gdiamante at 1:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I used Good Start with my daughter (the orange can) and it worked wonderfully for my daughter, she took it without problems.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• What makes you think you're not producing enough? Have you tried to increase your supply?
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 1:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I used Enfamil Lipil with all 3 of my babies. And I'll use it again when my new baby girl comes in April
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I was told by the ped that most formulas are all the same slo dont be afraid to use a cheaper store brand... we did with all 3 kids
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 1:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2010