Has anyone used Slippery Elm Bark with children to help with acid reflux?

My 5 month old niece suffers from acid reflux and my sister was wondering if she could give her a tea with slippery elm bark in it.

Thanks!

GetfitwitMaisha

Asked by GetfitwitMaisha at 1:04 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Health

• Slippery Elm Bark is a wonderful herb for the digestive system. I would find a really good herbalist regarding the dosage for a 5 month old. I am unaware of any side effects with Slippery Elm, but you can never be to safe with any treatment alternative or conventional. Especially with such a young child.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 3:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Thanks! I'll let my sister know <3
    GetfitwitMaisha

Comment by GetfitwitMaisha (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Nope./
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I don't know, but second the asking an herbalist with a good reputation and experience. If it doesn't work, find comfort in knowing that acid blockers/reducers are among the safest of medications.

On another note: do you elevate the head of the crib and not lay down 45 or more minutes from last meal?
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 1:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2010