Do you prop up ur baby's bottle sometimes or all.

Its about babys and taking care of them

littlemama003

Asked by littlemama003 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I heard it's bad to prop your baby's bottle up because of the baby needing that connection. However I tried it myself when my son was 3 months old. I asked other moms, including my mother and my SO's mother because I felt guilty and they said they did it too. As long as it's every once in awhile. I just took a receiving blanket under the bottle and propped it up. Actually, not too much longer my son starting holding the bottle himself.
    redhotmommy

Answer by redhotmommy at 9:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Never,never prop a bottle. That can indicate you have other things on your mind and you need to be 100 % focused on your baby so the baby does not choke and get the liquid down into it's lungs.
    braggabout

Answer by braggabout at 9:03 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• never prop a bottle it can affect their teeth and give them ear infections. i have gotten many lectures bout that.
    ilovetracilynn

Answer by ilovetracilynn at 9:06 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• ok, so i know pretty much all say not to do this. but here is what i did. when my twins were little i only had so many hands. so usually i would hold one (switching each infant) and feed him. while the other was laying by my feet, on couch, ect. always right next to me. usually i would try to touch him somehow. many a times i would rub the small of his back w/ my toes (do what you have to do, u know). however, i did always make sure that the infant being propped had his head raised w/ pillow or blanket. my fist son had ear infections and i didnt want to go through that again times 2.
    hammes_cj

Answer by hammes_cj at 9:18 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• no I never did that. I have had friends do it though. I just couldn't bring myself to.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:19 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I prop the bottle sometimes to assist him in holding his own bottle. He will not do it any other way.
    Megn304

Answer by Megn304 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I never gave my daughter a bottle and I never allowed anyone else to prop her bottles.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i did a couple of times and let me tell ya my daughter never has had an ear infecion and she got sick like one time for lke a day and it was a fever and a runny nose.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have only done it once and he was in his carseat, we were out and about. But at home I will never prop his bottles, I like the bond we have, it makes me stop everything I'm doing to sit down and cuddle with him for 15 mins.
    DevynsMomma

Answer by DevynsMomma at 11:39 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I've heard not to ever prop bottles...that it can cauase ear infections.
    beccapaoli

Answer by beccapaoli at 11:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2008