My boy friend does odd things in his sleep. He's not a normal sleepwalker though, he does sexual things. It's almost impossible to sleep next to him without him crawling ontop of me. Is there anyway we can share a bed without him grabbing at me in his sleep?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• Its called sleep sex and actually real my ex husband suffered from it as well. there is nothing that you can do he will have to seek medical help it will be embassing but the faster it talks to a doctor about the faster he will be better and ya'll can sleep comfortable together
    mama.amber

Answer by mama.amber at 8:13 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• not every night but mine dose this too. Youd think a man preforming in his sleep would be a bad but mines not...it is odd thou.Iv had times where I've mentioned the night before and he is clueless it even happened.Or times when he has woke up mid-way thew and said what the hell are we doing, because he wasn't awake when it started. Mine wont see a doc and it dosnt happen all the time so we leave it alone.Id say maybe he could try one of those anti-depresants. sometimes they can help you sleep and lower sexual desire so if it worked both ways it might help with your problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Sexsomnia is a real condition. My husband has it though he won't seek help. It only seems to happen on nights where we don't have sex before going to bed. Usually I just push his hands away and tell him No. That stops it. I actually didn't know he wasn't aware of it until one night where I decided to go for it and he woke up in the middle of sex. He was totally confused.

I don't know what treatment would be for it. But I'm sure a therapist would be able to help. It's not something he has any control over and it's nothing for him to be ashamed of.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 11:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• i don't know if my hubby suffers from it, but every once in a while he'll start grabbing at me in my sleep. i actually kind of enjoy it. he's not a close/cuddle sleeper, and i am. so even if he's sleeping and he's giving me that attention, i feel like i'm getting what i want. i mean, he'll still be sleeping but he'll stop before anything even happens, but after that he'll just cuddle all night long and i love it. sorry i can't be of any help
    proud_ng_wife

Answer by proud_ng_wife at 6:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2008