S/O For those who believe in Adam & Eve...

The story of A&E says that had they not sinned the entire world would have become like the Garden of Eden and it would be filled with perfection and beauty...

BUT, here's my question. What would happen when the world became to full? If no one were to die ever, and babies were to continue being born, there would eventually be a "standing room only" moment... Would people simply not be able to reproduce any more? Or would something else happen?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• – collapse
    On a religion kick today?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• There would be no babies born,so going by strict beliefs,no sex,so why different sexes?
    God would just make the Garden bigger and bigger maybe?
    We'd only have one child born to each of us perhaps? So...sex once,then never again?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Apparently you don't know me Anon - I'm on a "Religion Kick" every day! I use these questions & answers for my writing...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 1:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Im very into religion and these type of questions but I must say I had never though of that. Perhaps "God" would just provide a way for us to expand throughout the universe to other planets, Maybe we would just have"X" amount of kids and then be infertile, who knows lol
    I would hate to think of sex once then never again though lol
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 1:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• If you believe in G-d, you believe in an omnipotent being that can be capable of dealing with that little problem :)

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 3:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Since not all women get pregnant every time they have sex, I don't think that would be the answer - sex once, then never again. We were just discussing this on Sunday in my adult class and we didn't really come up with a good explanation.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Awesome Question!!!! You do come up with good stuff!

God has said He will provide for everyone and so I do believe that the world would not be overflowing with people because remember... sex would happen when its supposed to, inside a relationship and there wouldnt be rape and that lot going on so the production would not grow as big or fast. It would be in His perfect way. Thats the only way I can explain this.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• This is a good question. :) I think the earth would be different than the present such as Antarctica would be more tolerable and inhabitable. Maybe less water and more land due to more volcanic eruptions.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 4:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• They would not have had sex or had children as birth was a consequence of the curse, so there would have only been two people in the garden forever. Remember in Christianity, sex is a sin.

Judaism, well....would have filled up but not been overpopulation. Doing so would have been irresponsible.

Honestly, I don't think the scribes thought that far ahead of the story.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 6:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• well, sex was made to populate the world not for pure pleasure, so my thought would be that in a perfect world people having babies unplanned left and right wouldn't be an issue. But like Momto2boys973 said, God would have a way of dealing with that, I'm sure. This is an interesting question that I had never thought of before. I'll have to bring this up in my next bible study.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 6:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2010