Do you think North and South Korea will go to war? and will we get sucked into a third war?

BAGHDAD – The danger of war or hostilities is rising on the Korean peninsula, and North Korean leader Kim Jong Il is "a very unpredictable guy," the top U.S. military officer said Monday.

Adm. Mike Mullen said North Korea has raised the ante in its aggression against South Korea.

Mullen told troops in Iraq that the old tit for tat pattern with North Korea has changed.

"It's changed out there, and it's dangerous. Increasingly dangerous," Mullen said during an informal question and answer session with troops.

He said the North's provocations are tied to preparations for Kim's son to take power.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 1:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I really, really hope not...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I totally agree that China needs to step up to it's ally....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Lord help us- I pray we dont. We dont have enough troops to fight the 2 wars we're in right now. These poor men & women are tempting fate by going back to these hell-holes 3-4 times-for like a year at a time. Hopefully we've learned from the Bay of Pigs fiasco & can send someone to get the job done right this time- & maybe avoid the whole thing! (Hint hint/ wink wink)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I hope not, and I hope not.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 1:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• North Korea has essentially been rewarded for poor behavior... Something should have been done a while ago... They have ties to China, Iran, Syria.... Sometimes it only takes a small country to cause harm/death/destruction to create greater tension for larger nations... Evil, Evil, Evil....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I don't think there is anything to be afraid of quite yet.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Why would China get involved?

We get involved, it further thrashes our budget, weakens and stretches our military

They want to be the dominant super power

Its a power play to lay low
    sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• They do that every time there is a controversy. I really don't think they have any intention of doing it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Don't know and yes.
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010