bed rest..

so i went to my 20 week check up today, and they said i should start resting more and stuff, since i am in a high risk mutiple babies. they said that i dont need to lay in bed all day, but yet, not to be so active. like what should i do? does that mean like go to school and then take it easy or what?

tiffany275

Asked by tiffany275 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am on bedrest now since 23 weeks. I have a complete previa so my issue is different from yours but having multiples is high risk too. If I were you I would relax as much as possible!! Most multiples will be born early and you want those babies in the womb as long as possible..I know you have school I understand I hav a MBA in marketing but after christmas i would take a semester off but of course its your decision. School will always be there but having the chance to keep your babies safe won't be. good luck and god bless!!
    tall_mom42

Answer by tall_mom42 at 3:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• She's in High School. So her taking time off from school will only hurt her. Did you ask your doctor at your appointment what he means by resting and taking it easy? I am sure that he means not staying up late, staying out late. When you're not at school or learning (I responded to another question of yours about homeschooling) you should be resting. Prop your feet up and relax. Until he tells you NO leaving the house or complete bedrest...just do as he said and rest. Don't over exert yourself. If you are tired, take a nap. Good luck!
    Anonymous