Seperation Anxiety

I whatch a two year old once a week. He cries a little in the morning when his mom drops him off (about 5 minutes) then he is perfectly fine all day! He plays, laughs, and has a great time. When his family comes in the door to pick him up he shrieks, cries, and his body even trembles when he sees them. He gets very clingy to them and does not want to leave their side.
What could be going on? Has anyone ever experienced this? Does anyone have any tips on how I can make the transition to the parents smoother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Time is the best way. He'll be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My son would be fine at day care all day....until I came to get him. I thought he hated me for leaving him there! LOL When I came to get him, as soon as we left, he would cry and try to hit me, and scream (he was 15-24 months). Looking back now I see it was just his way of releasing tension. Now he's the sweetest, most helpful 11 yr old I know :)
    GetfitwitMaisha

Answer by GetfitwitMaisha at 1:34 PM on Dec. 13, 2010