Do you believe God gives you what you can handle?

Is that why some people have to go through more crap than others? Just because they can handle it & the other person can't?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No.
    I believe God gives me the ability to handle it all.
    Most of my life's obstacles I don't believe were from God.
    I do wish, however He would give me a few more years of smooth sailing before the next go round of trials.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• No. If that were the case, no one would ever commit suicide. I personally believe that crap happens because crap happens, and God is there to help us through those times.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Biblically yes He does not give us more than we can bear however we have to choice to not take on more than what He has given us.. His yoke is easy and His burden light!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Ive always told myself that. When things t really hard I always say, god wouldn't give me anything I couldn't handle. It helps, SOMETIMES:)

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I believe he "gives" us what we can handle. Alot of the crap that people go through they bring on themselves. I can think of alot of things I wouldn't be going through if I had taken a different route in life.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I personally don't believe that. I believe that we are all put on this earth with free will, and that sometimes things happen to us that we have to deal with. Some people are stronger than others, and handle things better. I've known people who were given more than they could handle in life.....I have a hard time believing that God "screwed up" and gave them too much. Life happens, many of the things that we deal with are of our own making, some are the results of things other people have done, and some are things that are just out of our control entirely.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• God will only allow what we can handle. Poor Job went through hell and back, but God knew his faith would not be shaken and He only allowed the devil to go so far.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My mother always said "God only gives us what we can handle I just wish he didn't have so much faith in me" lol
    Personally I feel like the hard times in life are for the most part allowed to be there or put there for my own spiritual growth.
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 1:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I don't believe God gives us anything. Lots of things factor in to what happens to us in our lives - Karma, our choices, the choices of others, fate, and chance - but God doesn't give us anything... Life does.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I believe I got more than I can handle most days. But it is an interesting theory. Too bad I lost all faith in any gods. Can't test it out. you learn to deal with what life hands you. And yes, some people are better equipped than others to handle any given situation. That has more to do with their personality and upbringing though.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2010