How do you feel about letting your little one watch TV ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's not forbidden in my household. It's not like they watch enough for me to care anyways, we're always busy doing other things (except when I'm working, bleck).
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My kids have always watched tv - from a very young age. They've also read, drawn, and done a ton of other things. Now for them tv is just something else they can do. There are plenty of hours during the weekend when the tv is off and they are playing or doing something else. It wasn't 'forbidden' to them so they don't see it as something 'exciting' now.
    GetfitwitMaisha

Answer by GetfitwitMaisha at 1:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• As long as it is done in moderation I think it's ok. I don't believe in putting them in front of it all day long for entertainment. There are some educational ones that I think are good for kids to watch.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• All things in moderation my dear. Let's face it, we have busy lives & it's not a sin against parenthood, nor will your cause irreversable damage if you pop in a video so you can throw in a load of laundry & clean up a little. As long as it's age-appropriate & done in moderation as I stated. (I dont know how they did it before the VCR/DVD!- LOL)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It's funny because my TV was always on when my kids where little. They would play and it would be on in the backround. They usually ignored it unless it was bed time and they were watching something to settle down. My sister totally limits the amount of TV her kids watch and they are totally mezmorized by it. You cna't talk to them while it is on and they totally veg out.

My kids are now older and they watch very educational shows. So I guess while it was always on they never watched it much.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• all things in moderation.
    paulswife208

Answer by paulswife208 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Fine as long as it's age appropriate.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think it's fine in moderation and if it's appropriate.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Thank you for all your great answers..!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Whatever keeps them from driving me insane during the day. We like to watch TV in our house. As long as my kids aren't fighting over it and do other things during the day besides watch TV then they are free to watch anything they want for how ever long they want. At least in the winter when it's cold/rainy. In the summer I insist they go outside and play if it's nice. They usually only watch TV in the morning before I get up and kick them outside and in the evening after they come in for the night (like 2 hours or so). In the winter they watch a lot more because there isn't much else to do.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2010