What advice would you give to teens who are interested in learning more about Wicca or Paganism?

Open for all, but please keep it clean!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Same as any other religion,do your research before you join anything. Don't go in blindly

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Read. Read. Read.

Consider why you're interested. If it's just a way to piss off your parents or freak people out, you're interested for the wrong reasons.

If you live at home and your parents are opposed to your interest, wait. It sucks, but obey their rules till you leave their house. Once you're on your own, then research to your heart's content. It'll help NOT ruin your relationship with them.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would advise them to not give blind faith. Do your own research, Find what YOU believe and what makes sense to you.
    I think that those should be words of wisdom for anyone searching for knowledge.
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 1:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would tell them that they should read read read and I would recommend a few books and I would also tell them that they are free to ask me any questions and offer to do a sit down Q&A session.. I would also make sure (if they are not my own child) that their parents were okay with the entire thing.. If parents didn't come with them to chat I would require a written note that it is okay for them to discuss this with me.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 2:02 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• – collapse
    I would advise them nto to do it, and why... and I would pray for them.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 2:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• Do a lot of research before jumping in. Read as many books as possible, by as many different authors as possible. Figure out WHY you want to be Pagan. Do some serious soul searching and try to figure out if it's really what you want and right for you. Don't just jump into it because it seems "cool" or "trendy," because it's not. It's religion and that shouldn't be taken as lightly as figuring out if you're going to wear the pink top or the blue one. Don't take anything you read or hear too seriously. Everyone has their own opinion, which is good, but it's important to form your own. Don't avoid certain books or authors because you've heard a bad review unless you really aren't interested in it. Read whatever you want to and form your own opinion about it. If you decide to study witchcraft as well, don't go into it thinking you're going to be the next Hermione Granger because magick doesn't work that way.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would tell them to visit the library.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• get all opinions i would suggest to them . find the opposing religions viewpoints on this religion and then ask them to spend thirty minutes explaining why they want to know more or be a part of this way of life then if they seem ademently interested then research it but just dont listen to or read from one viewpoint read all wiccans viewpoints and learn all opinions not just one.tread waters very carefully no matter the religion.
    christinahilton

Answer by christinahilton at 2:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Read from sources that actually know and practice.
    Ask questions of those in the know.

If they want balance...opinion from all sides on the subject...they need to make sure they are open minded people not ones who are gonna damn them to hell for asking questions and stuff like that.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Study, read... never go in blind.
    Meditate on it
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 2:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010