Did anyone fear c-sleeping with infant

Out of fear of rolling over them or sleeping wildly while they're next to you? If you fear this, but want to co-sleep, how do you handle it?

Mamma2E

Asked by Mamma2E at 1:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can position your bassinet right next to your bed which gives you all the comforts and convenience of co-sleeping, but without the worry of suffocation and accidental death. I often put my arm in the bassinet and rub my baby's back and pat her to comfort her and can easily retrieve the pacifier etc. You just can't get good quality sleep when you're constantly worried about whether you're going to roll over, squish, or suffocate your baby! Why take the chance? Sleep with peace of mind with your baby right next to you, inches away in a bassinet or pack n play!
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Not at all. Co-Sleeping just seemed like the most natural thing... If you are nervous, they have baby positioners that will help to stop anyone from rolling on to baby, but honestly, that was never a fear or an issue for us.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I never had that fear. I always felt more at ease knowing they were sleeping next to me. For me personally I was such a light sleeper when I co-slept that as soon as one of my girls would wimper or wave a little fist i'd be wide awake.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It scared the shit out of me, so I never did it. Good Luck!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I was concerned. I co-slept with all my babies. Never had an issue. Mine really slept so much better next to me. Tough to break though.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It makes me nervous. I only did it a few times and I didn't sleep good all night, and was very stiff the next morning!
    frstimemom2010

Answer by frstimemom2010 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I didn't have any fears. I actually felt like he was safer right there next to me, and he sleeps a lot better in my bed, which means I sleep better :)
    If you're afraid to co-sleep but still want baby close, put a bassinet next to your bed. I did this when I first came homoe with him and he was itty bitty.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 1:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• thanks a lot for comments ladies... sometimes i wake up and my husband is huddled on a far corner of the bed... i an sleep pretty wildly so it's a fear of mine, but i want to breastfeed and i'm sure it's easier to do it that way, and it feels more comforting for a newborn to sleep next to people instead of alone.
    Mamma2E

Comment by Mamma2E (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I was terrified I'd roll over on my babies so I didn't co-sleep. They slept in a bassinette in our bedroom for the first two months so when they needed to nurse, my husband would bring them to me and I'd nurse them. He'd put them back in the bassinette. It worked out just fine for us.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It scares me, so I don't do it! I do have my baby's sleep in the bassinette right by my bed, but in bed "no".
    brownstar

Answer by brownstar at 2:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2010