how long can pee sit in cup before using it for a test and still get an accurate result?

The last time I had an actual period was sept 14th but I spotted on and off for a couple weeks and the last time I spotted at all was oct 5th or 6th, I can't remember. Well this morning I woke up at 4:30 and wanted to take a test and use my first morning urine but I was too tired so I just peed in a cup and when I got up for the day I took a test-it was negative. I'm not ttc but I'm just wondering whats going on. I should be due for a period any day now going by the last time I even spotted. I'm breastfeeding but ever since he was born (7 months) Ive gotten my period at that same time every month. So my question is one- would the urine that I used have an accurate result (it sat for about 3 1/2 hours) and two- Is it too soon to test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm not a big believer in the pee tests anyways because i had 3 false negatives... but you have been pregnant before so if you feel the same way you did then i'd take a blood test... but i don't think that letting it sit around is good .. idk though you can always take another
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 5:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• It might be too early, I'd wait a few more days and try again.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• go online and read more stuff. dang.
    __baovang

Answer by __baovang at 12:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2008