beginners knitting help?

So I have attempted to learn to Knit before, with absolutley no luck!! Every time i find a guide that says easy, it is absolutley way too confusing to even begin! I am 3 months pregnant and would really like to learn how to knit a baby blanket or something EASY, does anyone know of any guides that are actually easy, and not full of experienced knitters jargon? I am talking like a guide for children, something simple lol. Maybe its just me being slow, but I cant event get my mind around most of the online tutorials. Thanx guys!!

johnnyiced

Asked by johnnyiced at 1:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I learned by watching videos. Youtube and www.knittinghelp.com both have videos so you can see how your fingers/hands should be moving. I was never able to learn by reading how. Good luck! There are really 2 basic stitches, with different ways to manipulate them to create different looks. If you can get just the knit stitch down, you can get a baby blanket in no time. Good luck :)
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Have you tried the Knitting for Dummies book? I found it helpful when I was a beginner.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I have checked out that book before,mfor someone that is totally craft illiterate it still confused me. Ha! I never thought of checking out youtube, i will check that out now Thanks!!
    johnnyiced

Comment by johnnyiced (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I can knit, but I needed to actually see something that needed to do but forgot how to do. LOVED youtube because I could see what I needed to do, not just read.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I taught myself but it really take seeing it in action to get it. Check YouTube for videos or borrow a knitting series from the library! Good Luck!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• See if you can find a local yarn shop, and ask if they know of any beginers classes.
    Many many places are running these, occasionally for free, usually for a very small fee. Trust me, you won't be the least skilled person there...
    By going to a class you can see other people knit, and see the different styles, because everyone does it differently.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 10:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Raverly.com One stop yarn lovers paradise. Check them out for your local area. There may be a local group who meet up and might give you some hands on tips and instructions for knitting. They have forums and groups devoted to yarn arts so they can point you to a ton of resources.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2010