About my 4.5 month old naps... is it to much?

She usually gets 11 to 12 hours at night with no waking up. Durring the day it seems like she is awake for a couple hours then sleeps for 1 to 2 hours. It's like that all day long most of the time. Yesterday she only had 2 naps and was up the rest of the day but that doesn't happen often. Is it normal for her to be awake 2 to 3 hours then sleep 1 to 2 hours all the time?

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 1:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My four month old sleeps that long at night, but usually wakes up at least a couple of times. He usually takes 2-3 one hour naps during the day. I just go by how he feels. If he's tired, it's nap time, if not, then we stay up. I'd say as long as she's eating well and happy when she's awake, I wouldn't worry.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 2:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• She will stay awake longer as she gets older, but my 11 month old still sleeps a total of 14-15 hours.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I say count your blessings and let her sleep! Enjoy those naps now because they will most definately get shorter, seems like you just have a good sleeper on your hands! Congrats!lol!
    kricketandisla

Answer by kricketandisla at 4:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• very normal. That's very close to the schedule my 5 month old is on, which is similar to the one all 4 of my older kids have been on and they are happy and healthy!

Answer by missanc at 12:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2010