Should we buy another crib or stick to the plan?

We planned to have 3 little kids changing sleeping arrangements this month.

My 4 year old son currently sleeps in his toddler bed still and we are buying him a twin for his birthday later this month.

My 23 month old daughter currently sleeps in her crib and the plan was for her to move to his toddler bed.

My 5 month old daughter currently sleeps in a bassinet and the plan was for her to move to the crib.

But I feel the 22 month old isn't ready for a toddler bed yet, she will climb out for sure. So should we deal with that or just buy another crib for the new baby? Baby can not longer sleep in bassinet, not even a few months, she is getting too big.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Shopping

• Deal with it now mine daughter was in a toodler bed when she was 16months climbs out walks around an goes back to bed gives them some type of freedom and she isnt scared of the dark try it out for a week see what happens than make ur decision good luck :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 3:42 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• buying another crib is a waste of money. Just deal with the climbing out. You'll have to eventually anyway

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would just deal with it now. That age is more than ready for a toddler bed and knowing that they are not allowed to get out of it. It might be a couple of laste night but I would stick to the plan.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Stay with the plan

Answer by admckenzie at 2:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think 23mon is plenty old enough for a toddler bed. She will probably climb out for awhile just because she can and it will take a little more work on your part to get here to sleep but she will adjust quickly. Buying another crib would be a waste of money IMO. Best of luck momma :)
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 2:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would buy another crib, if you feel the toddler will climb out.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• What about just sleeping in a playpen til the 22 month old gets ready for the toddller bed?
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Do you have a pack and play you can put the baby in for a little while? I wouldn't buy a crib. I would ask around to see if anyone I knew was getting rid of there's.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would check on craig's list, friend, or local churches for the extra crib if you decide to go that route. If you do not have room for the crib, then a packable play-n-go wouldn't take up to much room.  Hope that helps.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 7:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• what about sleeping in the play and pack for the transition
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 9:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2010