If you've ever been on a type of birth control and lost weight easily (or easier than while on any other kinds), what kind was it?

Out of the 10 or so kinds of BC that I've tried, I've found that I lose weight the easiest while taking Yasmin (pills). The shot, Mirena, and all the other pills I've taken caused me to gain weight REALLY bad.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 2:04 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Health

• I lost about 20 pounds on Depo.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It is different for everyone. I was on orthotricyclen and lost some weight. But for my friend she gained when she was on it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I know it's different for everyone, I was just wondering what other people had weight loss with since I've found a pill that helps me, but most people I know seem to gain weight while taking it. My friend loses weight like crazy on Depo, but like I said, I gained a ton. Another friend lost weight while using the Mirena, but I gained over 30lb in less than 2 months from having it. I wish someone would produce a magical birth control that worked for everyone with no side effects lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Like everyone is saying, it's different for everyone! I lost alot of weight on the Mirena, but I have had friends on the shot that has gained alot of weight.
    brownstar

Answer by brownstar at 2:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• The mini pill when I was BFing
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010