What is a good OTC supplement for Peri-Menapause/PMS mood swings?

I'm almost 41 and I'm no stranger to PMS and mood swings. It feels like the older I get the worse they get and the week before my period is becoming a horrible experiance for myself and my family. I would like to take something natural instead of going to doctor. I won't take hormones since my Mom died from breast cancer, I'm already too much at risk. Thanks in advance!!

mars33me

Asked by mars33me at 3:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Health

• Watch your diet, that is the most important thing, you need to eat healthy foods, no processed foods. The chemicals and processed sugars make PMS/Mood Swings, etc worse - I feel it to, I hit 40 this year seems like everything intensifies - I am a huge fresh fruits and produce supporter - I had to change my diet because of health issues and now am doing really good - mood is better, sleep is better, even lost a good amount of weight along the way - don't waste your money on suppliments - unless they are organic/plant derived your body wont absorb them.
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 3:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I take extra strnegth Estoven each night. Since I began I have noticed a bif decrease in the hot flashes and night swweats. Other people I know have taken it with little result. I personally have had enough relief that I'm not ready to go to my Dr. about HRT.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• natural progesterone cream from nature's sunshine. use the 4th day after your period begins for two weeks... a small (pea-size or less) bit on a different part of your body each day (inner thigh, forearm, belly... rotate). if you don't use nature's sunshine get a reputable substitute - many drug store/grocery store supplements don't have the active ingredients they claim to. also calcium and primrose oil (high quality) supplements during pms
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• for menopausal and perimenopausal women, it has been discovered that it is not lack of estrogen but progesterone that causes many symptoms. there must be a proper ratio of estrogen to progesterone (and levels fluctuate throughout the month). many women are actually experiencing too much estrogen, which is why estrogen supplements wouldn't solve the problems.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Absolutely, natural progesterone cream! I have SOOOO much information for you that I would be more than happy to share. You are NOT alone in this and I guarantee this will work for you. All naturally! Good vitamins help too. Give me your email address and I can provide tons of information for you. To your health! You will get through this......

Karen
    Health4U

Answer by Health4U at 5:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2008