head lice ugh

I found one bug on me none on my ds (3) but eggs on him we have shaved his and dh & other ds heads no bugs on them just eggs on 3 yr old now my head i have only found one bug a few eggs and feel very itchy not sure if it just from knowing i had it but it feels like i have things crawling on my head this is driving me nuts....i have noone to help do my hair it was almost to my waist and i cut it myself to my shoulders to make combing much easier....i have shampooed and sprayed and washed everything y y now do i feel like i still have bugs in my head?? how can i know for sure that got them all

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Health

• It is extremely hard to get rid of them. We just went through this! Get a metal lice comb. In the shower, put conditioner in your hair. Then comb through. Look at the comb after every comb through. The eggs will look like pepper. They are dead once they leave the body, just rinse the comb in the shower water. If you are still itchy, you still have them. Get a bottle of tea tree oil and add it to your shampoo, conditioner, de-tangle spray, everything that you put in your hair. That will keep them away. I even put a few drops directly on my head while the conditioner is in. Good luck!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Have someone else check your hair. Lice tend to hang out by the ears and back of head. If you still have it and they are alive check those spots. GL
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 2:16 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Have someone else check your and their hair
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2010