How do you deal with working full time and having small children??

I went from being a stay at home mommy to working full time. It is kinda rough on me being away from my 4 little ones all day.

MommytoBNMJ

Asked by MommytoBNMJ at 2:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• It will get easier, one day at a time. Any change is hard. Just remember that you are doing this to provide for them, so it's a good decision.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• You just have to get a good routine down...They more efficiently you're able to get your housework done the more time you'll be able to spend with LO's.

Don't wait til the weekend to do all your cleaning and stuff. Your evenings are short anyway, squeeze all your housework in then and leave you weekends for spending time with your family.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• With lots of help. I am thankful that my mother comes to my house and takes care of my dd. I don't have to take her out in the cold in the morning. When I come home she is already there. It's alot of work and tiring but it gets easier. I think the best thing to do is also get a routine going like the above person said.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 2:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It gets easier. Also, let your house work slide. There is no way your house will be clean with all the beds made anymore. It's impossible.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• it was hard with one ...i cna't imagine doing it with 4 little ones
    Jkat

Answer by Jkat at 2:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I had to go to work full time when my first little girl was 18 months old...honestly I hated it, I cried everyday. When I got pregnant with my second I quit my job and replaced my income with a home business. I'm sorry I'm not much help, but I do know how you feel.

Hannah
    http://hannahmayr.blogspot.com
    HannahMayr

Answer by HannahMayr at 3:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• As some of the others said, you'll get used to it and find a routine that works best for you and your family. As the children get older, they'll be able to help out around the house.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It will get easier for you'll fall into routine. I worked the first 4 years of my DD's life.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yes, it is just something you get used to the longer you do it. I have 2 kids ages 3 and 5, my job offers 6 weeks of maternity leave and I think I took 3 weeks unpaid and then I went right back to work. I am used to it now, not everything gets done, I feel like I always need to catch up on something, but I have accepted that my house is not going to be clean, my laundry is not going to be caught up. Because as much as my husband helps, I cannot do everything and I refuse to even try.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2010