Question for SAHM

Do you ever go nuts being at home all the time? What do you do besides clean, and take care of your child to keep you from going nuts? I am thinking about becoming a sahm when my second child is born. Just looking for advice. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You know,you CAN leave the house

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Honestly, I HATE being a SAHM... It's like prison! But it's what's best for my kids & family, so it's what I do.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• nope i love it! we do alot: playdates storytime musuems. relax read work on educational stuff. i wouldnt trade it for anything in my opinion having a job is a privlage
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 2:16 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I have play dates. I love being able to have the adult conversation while the kids play. Everyone is different. I like being a sahm to a point but then again I love to work. I miss working some days.
    justme581

Answer by justme581 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• If you can afford to do it, it's great. When I was a SAHM, I loved it. When I felt like I was going nutty, I'd have a conversation with a friend, or alone time with DH.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I really hate it. All my kids are in school and I can't drive for medical reasons. My husband is a homebody and never wants to go anywhere. I go to church and the grocery store. Being a SAHM and driving is a little different though.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• We go for walks, go to the parks, play dates, go to the Zoo, go to the Children's museum, do any free activities they have around town, art crafts at home and anything fun I can think of to do.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I use to be a stay home mom but I go crazy staying home, but some moms can do it! I just started to go back to work a few months ago, but it's only for a couple of hours a week which it nice. When I was one we did play-dates alot and found activity's to do together!

brownstar

Answer by brownstar at 2:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yes. There are days that I feel like that. You can leave and go to a park, window shop, have a playdate if you're lucky enough to know other moms and I've heard some libraries have storytime. Of course the seasons, where you live and your finances play big parts too. Mostly I just try to keep busy with my kids and the housework. I'm taking online classes through our local college so I pop in here off and on throughout the day. Honestly though, I'd like to be working hence the classes. I worked for 10 years and it's been a very hard adjustment. I wish I had better advice for you but all I can say is try to find a hobby or check out what there is to do where you live.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I do go crazy some days. But my baby girl is not here just yet!! I spend a lot of my time at my moms while my hubby works his 24 hr shifts. I clean while he is gone also that way when he is home all we have to do is be together. I am hoping that after she is born I will not get so bored but who knows.
    kimberlyann545

Answer by kimberlyann545 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2010