• In the Spotlight:

Alright don't turn away because of the question but I'm 95% sure I'm pregnant need some advice :)

Last period 11/11/2010
possible date conceived 11/23/2010
ovulation 11/25 or 24/2010
I have not had my period which should have been around 12/09/2010
I had two positive pregnancy test with very faint lines about a week ago. So I went to the store to get digital ones and they came up negative. I didn't want to waste more money so I just called a doctor and asked for a blood test. I'm overly anxious to find out so I took two more cheap dollar store tests that came up negative too. So did I just have to false positives? But what about my missed period? Anyways I'm thrown into a state of confusion and wondered if this has ever happened to any of you and what was the outcome??

Mrs.Wills

Asked by Mrs.Wills at 2:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-1 Credits)
  • It's unlikely that you would have 2 false negatives after having 2 positives. The HCG in your urine should be higher than it was a week ago, KWIM?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Don't get discouraged, you could very well be pregnant. False negatives are far more common than false positives. Relax, give it a couple days and test again, or wait and go to the doctor. The longer you are pregnant the more likely you are to get a positive result.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 2:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• More likely that you had false negatives. Unless you had a chemical pregnancy, I'd say you're preggo.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Back in June I had a couple cheap dollar store test come up with very faint lines. I took a couple digital ones as well and they came up negative. I bled the entire month of October and haven't had a period since. I know I'm not pregnant. I saw a Gyno and he did an ultrasound. My uterus is enlarged and the lining is thick. It's not shedding like it's supposed to. This could very well be what's going on with you. Go see a doctor and get it checked out. I have to have a D&C in January to clean my uterus out and check for cancer. It could potentially be something very serious going on with you, so please go get it checked out.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 2:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• This has never happened to me. I was very anxious to find out I was pregnant also so I understand what your going through. As hard as it may be for you I think you should wait a couple more days. If your period still doesn't come then you are definitely pregnant and need to see your doctor. Wish you luck.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 2:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• pee on the keyboard and i'll tell ya
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 2:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Some times they work better if you take them with your first pee in the morning!! the horomone is the strongest then!!! Good luck!!! best wishes!!
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 2:28 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• This has happened to me and I turned out to have a chemical pregnancy. I had 2 faint positives waited a week bought a digital and it was negative. I ended up later on having my period. If you haven't had your period yet than you may very well be pregnant. When you will you find out?
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 2:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Well I'm going to call my doctor asap and ask to be seen sooner since I don't want something serious to be going on. Thanks for all the answers. And I'll leave the "peeing on the keyboard" to someone else :)
    Mrs.Wills

Comment by Mrs.Wills (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• take three different pregnancy tests then you will know.
    christinahilton

Answer by christinahilton at 2:34 PM on Dec. 13, 2010