if you get chaptered out of the military without even completeing AIT, how can you get an "honorable" discharge?

I mean... failing PT tests? that doesn't seem right.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• Because it's not like they did something criminal or unethical.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• what about not having to pay back the military? cuz he doesnt have to do that either. its liike... our tax dollars paid for him to eat and live for over a year and yet he gets off without any punishment. its ridiculous.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Why? So someone fails at it. Or wants to leave. It happens. Its not like a person goes in the military thinking "I'm just going to us this for a place to stay & some food!" There are way easier ways to live! Pay them back? That's a ridiculous thought!
    Anonymous

• "Our tax dollars" also get wasted by the government daily on things way more stupid then someone trying out the military & failing at it! You're probably one of those people who assume everyone on food stamps sits on their ass all day & lies about their income!
    Anonymous

• A dishonorable discharge is generally used when a service member commits a criminal act, or violates UCMJ (military law). They can be DD'd in AIT if it's found out that they lied during their enlistment, but simply failing PT tests is not cause for a DD.

Of the various discharge statuses, a DD is the lowest and most damaging.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• If you get a job and it is found out that you are just not what they needed and they fired you because you where not able to perform up to their standards do you have to pay back all your wages? He worked while he was there and much harder worker than you have done I am sure. So no he should not have to pay them back. No one goes in hoping to live in AIT hell for a year just to get a roof and 3 hots and than fails out on purpose.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Seriously...I got discharged from the army before I was able to complete AIT....I was working that whole time...my check paid for my barricks room and I paid for my food...Money was taken from me for these things......I do not owe anyone anything for the army kicking me out...I did everything I could to stay in....I was forced out and not because i couldnt pass a damn test....Like PP said...your tax money gets spent on things so much worse so why worry about this....And Alanapluss3....I love the way you put the paying back your wages if you get fired...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2010