Smoking?

i still smok and need to quit...i need help what can i do i am 20 weeks. please no bashing i know i know!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Talk to your doctor. There are many ways to get help stopping

Answer by admckenzie at 2:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• my r. told me to put a button in my mouth...should i change dr's??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Call your local health department and find out about quitting smoking classes. My mom did that and they gave her free gum and patches and set her up with somebody to talk to over the phone to help her deal with any issues she was having.

If that doesn't work I would suggest going as long as you can between cigarettes and go OUTSIDE to smoke. Maybe if you're freezing your butt of you won't smoke as much. And don't smoke in your car either.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• To put a button in your mouth? What is that supposed to do? I cut way down when I was pregnant with my now 2 year old. I was able to cut down to 1 or 2 cigarettes a day. Quitting would have been better but I wasn't able to do that. If you can cut way down like that it's that much less poison that goes into your body and gets passed on to your baby.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• you can do things like exercise or cinnamon candy (or cin mints). Find something that destresses you that you can do when you're jonesing.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• For me it was easy. I just quit cold turkey. I was preggo with my 2nd child so I quit and never started back up. Have you tried the patch?
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 2:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I don't think u can use the stop smoking gum or patches. U r pregnant and the baby would get that. Remember whatever u eat or drink goes to your baby. My co worker quit as soon as she got pregnant!!! It is possible. u need alot of willpower. My mom died from those cancer sticks!!!! U can quit cold turkey!!! I know alot of people who have!! Do it for your baby,then keep doing it after the child is born.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Just think about the fact that the next 9 months will predetemine your baby's health for LIFE. I smoked a pack a daay before I got pregnant, and I quit cold turkey. It was really hard, but I just kept reminding myself, its only 9 months... and these are the most crutial months for my baby's development. I knew that giving my child the best chances of a healthy life was worth 9 months of no cigs. I am not trying to bash or anything. This is just worked for me...
    Also, put your ultrasound photo on the box of cigs, so everytime you reach for it, you are reminded that its not just YOU now, your baby is sharing everything. Good luck!!! You can do it!!!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Talk to your doctor. Get serious help, before it's too late.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 3:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• ask your doctor for welbutrin i smoked till i was almost 6 months and that medication helped me alot now im 39 and strted again so ask him to try and keep you on it the whole time
    sweade

Answer by sweade at 4:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010