what is the best thing you have found to get rid of zits

i have never before had a zit prolem, but with this pregnancy they are all over my face. i have tried using the clearacel 4 hour cream stuff and it does nothing but dry my face out and the zits are still there i use t as the direcions say but nothing so what do you girls use that works. something that i can get from the store please help

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 2:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I put a little dab of toothpaste on each zit. Seems to work well for me.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:34 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Paste though...not gel.
    UpSheRises

• i started using Proactive when i was pregnant with my 1st. I love it and have been using it for 10 years now. I even stopped using it to try others but my face just broke out again so I went back to Proactive. You do have to use it for at least 30 days though and it does or will break out your facce at 1st, just to bring out all the dirt and oil and zitts, then your face will start to heal.
    Karkie22

Answer by Karkie22 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I use proacitve as well.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• if you have really bad acne. I recommend Proactive: Use the Repairing lotion before bed. You will wake up with your pimples significantly dried up with in a few days. The other products by Proactive, such as the facial scrub I have used cause irritation to my skin. I no longer use Proactive because my face is very clear now that I am taking my Birth Control again. If you don't want to use Proactive or BC. Dove Soap is the most gentle. I use that. Smells fresh and works great. Stay away from Dial or Lever200 soaps that dry your skin. Will only make it worse. One sure way to prevent pimples is washing your face before bed!! every night.. Don't miss a night. I always wash all make up off.. .Not washing your face before you are asking for breakouts. Another thing my doctor told me, if you have long hair put in pony tail before bed and keep your pillow cases clean oil can build
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 2:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Tea tree oil and/or toothpaste.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 2:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Time.
    Stephanie329

Answer by Stephanie329 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I use Neutrogence Foaming face Cleanser and pat dry my face after I use it with a Clean towel. I change/wash my pillow cases and bedding very frequently. And ALWAYS wash off your makeup!! I don't care if you are exhausted! Keep some make up remover towelettes handy if you need em. Also if you wear makeup, try bare minerals! It works wonders! and also try Neutrogena skin clearing concealer, it is my best friend :D Tea tree oil seems to be okay but dont try toothpaste it drys your skin out too bad and just makes breakouts worse! And also be very gentle with your skin dont scrub too hard or often. Keep hair products to a very minimum and out of your face as much as possible. do not touch your face alot your hands have germs that cause breakouts so do phones and all that. Do not squeeze pimples is the number one rule! treat them and they will go away, squeezing them causes scars-trust me. Hope this has helped some.
    punkypreggo

Answer by punkypreggo at 3:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• *Neutrogena
    punkypreggo

Answer by punkypreggo at 3:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would tan and use Estee Lauder moisurizer and prescription gel.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 7:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2010