TO Do or not TO do??

under what circumstances do you change your dr. I dont feel connected to my dr. and i feel like a patient he rushes out to hurry up and get to the next one. I had a better experience with dr.'s in my first pregnancy and this one is the opposite...i dont know if its serious enough to go throught the process of finding another dr. To do or not to do?

Onenamillion

Asked by Onenamillion at 2:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you don't like your Dr. Then change Dr. I have in my second pregnancy switched because I was not comfortable with our midwife. You need to trust your Dr.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• a general feeling of being uncomfortable.
    christinahilton

Answer by christinahilton at 2:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• If you're not comfortable, then switch. You shouldn't feel rushed at a doc app, he/she should remember you from your last app, you should not have to wait more than 30min to see your doc. Those are signs of a bad doc.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• If you don't feel comfortable then I would get another one. I think that it is important. We are already going through these changes. Probably coming up with alot of questions too. If he is just trying to get in and out. IMO, He shouldn't be a Dr. to begin with. Good luck!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I def say switch!! this is a very important time in your life and you shouldn't feel rushed or pushed aside like your not important!!!
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 2:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• i would i want to be as comftorable as possible when it comes to pregnancy and having a doctor that cares is very important. i am looking for a doctor right now the ob i used for my last 2 has moved and i have already seen one that i didnt like so i got another appt. with someone else next monday. but yeah if you dont feel right about your doc then search fo a new one
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 2:38 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My thing is if it's just you feel he's or she is rush but you still trust their judgement then it's one of those ehhh kind of things. You might try just talking to them if that's the case. However if it's an honest feeling of you don't like them or are uncomfortable then I'd try and switch. Just remember the sooner the better. Some docs won't take you after a certaint point.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:39 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I was at a Dr office that had 4 Dr's. 2 I liked, and 2 I didnt. Just didnt like their personalities. I thought about switching, But in the end I stayed. They were all GREAT Dr.'s, they answered all of my questions, and partly, I think I was hormonal and thats why i had a problem with those 2. One of the 2 I didnt like ended up being there when my DD was born, and she was wonderful. All I cared about was having a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
    But if it is a huge problem for you, switch. The less stressed you are, the better.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I felt the same way about my doctor. I was just uncomfortable and emotional. I didn't realize he was a great doctor until after he delivered my baby.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 3:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I feel like you should definitelly have a connection with your doctor, and it you dont feel that way, then I would switch docs. GL!
    rbailey2414

Answer by rbailey2414 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010