why do women name their son's after the father (e.g. Junior)? especially when the guy doesnt want anything to do with you or the baby. i dont understand it.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I never really understood the Jr thing, but I don't have boys....my DH doesn't want a JR though even if we would have a boy!! I think girls do it just maybe to get the one that doesn't want to be involves attention to hope that person may come back!
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 3:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• they want to prove to themselves and everyone else that the guy was there at least when baby was born. sad i say. my rule is my kid don't get your last name unless i have your last name. period.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• False hope they might step up or they broke up after the baby was already born and named is my best guess...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Some do this because they (stupidly) think that they can create a "bond" this way, that by creating name ties the baby daddy will stick around.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 2:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My son is a junior of sorts but it was upon his fathers insistence, not because I wanted to, I was actually VERY against it.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2010