help with appetizers...

This saturday we are having our christmas with our best friends and their kids and we have decided to just do appetizer/finger foods and desserts. Only plm?? I have no ideas! Help please!

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 2:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Whenever we have a party or go to a party I am always asked to make a Buffalo Hot Wing Dip...it's not my recipe, I got it out of a cookbook

3cups cooked, cubed chicken (I don't measure, i just guess)
    2cups shredded cheese (calls for cheddar, I use the mix)
    16oz cream cheese, room-temp (room-temp just makes it easier to mix, so not necessary)
    12oz hot wing sauce (I use Moore's)
    8oz Ranch dressing

Mix all together and bake 45min at 350degrees, serve with tortilla chips. It will come out greasy, especially depending on what kind of hot sauce you use...more butter in sauce equals more grease. I use paper towels to soak up the grease.
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 5:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Just simple ham or turkey sanwiches, with the crust cut off and cut in quarters.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Veggie tray
    Fruit Salad
    Hot artichoke and spinach dip with tortilla chips
    Lil smokies wrapped in bacon, sprinkled with brown sugar and baked
    Meatballs
    Cheese and cracker tray
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• How about getting some store bought Bruchetta in a tub.. I think you can find it with the pesto and hummus section at the grocery store. Buya long beget of bread like crustini cut them in slices brown in oven.. add a little bruchetta to the top sprinkle with some shreadded Parmesan cheese pop back in oven to melt cheese. great for snacks.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 2:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Cucumber sandwhiches
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My favorite party is finger foods. We always do a mix of hot & cold. These are some that go the fastest

Spicy Hot Artichoke Dip
    Stuffed Crescents (with shredded chicken/cheese, ground beef/cream cheese, or veggies/cheese)
    Smothered chicken sliders
    Crabbies
    Bacon wrapped Water Chestnuts
    Fruit kabobs
    Fresh Mozzeralla/Fresh Basil/Tomato Kabobs

If anything sounds good..let me know & I'll get you the recipe. Good Luck to you and I hope you have fun!

MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 6:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• cheese ball is always easy. All you need is a package of cream cheese, 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, bacon cooked crispy and cumbled, diced onion. Mix it all together and then roll it it chopped walnuts. It is cheap, easy and yummy. Then you just need different types of crackers to go with it
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2010