Does anyone else cringe...

When they read the questions and answers posted on here, and all these women have horrible spelling, grammar, and general knowledge of the english language? I am not trying to start drama, I make spelling mistakes, and sometimes I type so fast that it doesnt sound right...
But there is a difference between "there" "they're" and "their", and "with all DUE respect" not "all do", and things of that nature...
Anyone else cringe when they see moms who cant spell or write in proper english?
Where did the all the english classes we took in school go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Yes, there is a difference - and yes, it does matter. Is it as important here as it is in academia or in the workplace?  No.  Is it still important?  Yes. 
    If a post is too poorly written, I'll often just skip it.  After all, if the OP is too lazy to express themselves well or take the extra effort to hit the spell check or think about what they're writing?  Why would I want to take the time to answer. 
    However, if there are a few mistakes?  I think that's perfectly understandable. 

aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Nope. I don't care. The point here is communication, not grammar and vocab. Mispellings or improper synonyms don't imapct communication very much at all.

Now, the posts that are in all caps with no punctuation...that's another story.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I didn't know this was part of our English grade. This is just an internet site, not high school or clllege. Get over it. If it bothers you that much, just stay away for a while.
    Anonymous

• doesnt bother me! I am usually a great speller but sometimes i just type too fast and hit send before checking lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• The only time it bothers me is when the spelling is so bad I can't read it. Then I just skip it all together.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:04 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• no we are all busy moms, as long as it can be understood
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 3:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2010