do your kids have random days?

random as in one day they couldnt be sweeter then the next day they are posessed but some evil troll or something.......my son was so good yeasterday but today i swear he is trying to push me over the edge......i dont understand what his problem is today,he said nothing was wrong but i doubt that....

SMALLfry05

Asked by SMALLfry05 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Hang in there Mom!!!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think they can only be nice for so long until they blow. That is during the teen years anyway.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• oh jeez i dont even want to think of my son being a teen yet....he is only 4 years old lol
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It is a lot better now since he is 20 yrs. old. However, being an ADHD kid, we had random days almost continuously. More like random hours or minutes. But to answer your question more specifically, if he did have an especially calm, quiet, contented, loving type of day then we knew we were in for holy hell the next day or two. Somehow God gave us the patience, stamina, and grace to hang in there. I think it helped that we were older parents and had been through years of infertility treatments and surgeries, plus a long involved adoption process.
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 3:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• This is all totally normal. They go through major changes just like us.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 12:27 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• my son can be as sweet as candy one day then the next day he is a holy terror!! then sometimes ive also noticed that he will be sweet for 3-4 days then after that omg watch out......he is like the devil in the flesh,and it freaks me out........he made me so mad the other day i wanted to just sit and cry....he just wouldnt stop! bouncing off the walls for no reason at all,throwing things because he felt like it,not wanting to eat anything at all besides breakfast......i just wanted to cry because i felt like i failed badly!! it broke my heart.....but the next day he was fine,back to being sweet.....
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 12:42 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Random days are continuous with us as well. I think boredom is the one of the biggest problems with mine.
    megamamaw

Answer by megamamaw at 12:58 AM on Dec. 14, 2010