do you take it personally?

if someone who doesn't like something you do like and refers to said something as 'crap' do you take it personally? i saw someone get their panties in a bunch just because someone referred to makeup as crap and it got me thinking. pretty ridiculous to care so much just because you like it/need to wear it. if someone doesn't like something it might be considered crap to them. just deal with it. i wear it and it doesn't bother me what someone thinks about makeup. they aren't saying i'm crap, so who cares? that's their opinion and we all have one. i wish i remembered the person who posted the question so i could link it.

lizdixson

Asked by lizdixson at 3:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• @zbee I refer to many things as crap..it doesn't mean I am mean, it's just an opinion. I'm not calling people who like (insert random item here) crap, just the particular item or whatever. I have referred to makeup as crap, as well, because to me..it IS crap. I find it silly for someone to take something like that personally just because they like/use it. *shrugs*
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Some are simply so insecure in their own skins that they personalize everything to this unhealthy extreme.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• The only time I get my panties in a bunch is when it comes to my family and they are saying that about food in front of my children,more so in front of my youngest especially when she was in the picky eating stage.I truly believe the only reason why she doesn't like cheese is because she heard  her older brother saying that cheese tasted like crap.Now she will not even try it.

Anyway,thats basically the only time, oh wait I get upset when I heard people giving out the wrong info. on animals or fish at pet shops.I will butt in and correct the person,even if its a salesperson.I'm not going to stand there & not correct them when what they are saying can kill or harm whatever they all talking about

Sherri~~ Owner of The Animal Den

SherriX2

Answer by SherriX2 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• There's a great little book "What you think of me is none of my business".Worth the read.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 3:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• NO-LOL! i try really hard not to Major in Minor Things:)
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 3:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• No
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Not if i asked for someones opinion.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:04 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• hahaha I agree with you. Some women are sensitive about these kinds of things. I personally wouldn't be. I think that maybe the person has dealt with some criticism on their make-up wearing habits. It could be that they didn't want to hear a negative statement about something they really care about and love. I suppose sometimes I can take things personally if its about a certain subject that I feel might be a jab against me. Not about make-up however haha We all can relate to a degree.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 3:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• mirrorI'm in my 60's and I won't leave the house without makeup, not for all who's out there, but for me, I like to feel comfortable in my own skin and if anyone doesn't like that, oh well. I know I'm not crap, far from it, so no I wouldn't take it personally but would wonder what kind of a person would have to be so mean as to say that, I'd feel sorry for them. It sounds like they have to pull someone down to bring themselves up.........JMO

zbee

Answer by zbee at 3:16 PM on Dec. 13, 2010