how long and how did you stop thinking about your bf/husband cheating?

i feel so sad and have no energy right now. he talks to me about it and i know hes sorry but i cant stop thinking about it. i dont want to divorce and i love him. we cant afford counseling. i was cheated on by my ex husband and i really never got over it. i in fact ended up having so much resentment towards him that i began to cheat and didn't care if he new or not. i dont want to feel like that again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• My dh cheated on me a year ago and we decided to stay together and even though we talk about it from time to time it doesn't make all the anger, resentment and all the other wonderful feelings that come along with it I think over time it will start to subside its the only way I'm able to look at it and move on in away. I can not yet forgive and I know I'll never forget but I think of it as a mile stone in my life and I can not just let it consume my life.

Anonymous

• I dont know if you ever get over it. my husband cheated 3 years ago and i still have bad days. i think you give your life and love to the one you think youll be with forever and when they hurt you that bad its hard to get over. In time if he proves himself loyal maybe it will change. His actions are still questionable thats why I cant let go im sure. if hes trying and you have n reason to think hes up to no good embrace it and move forward. marriage is supose to be forever for better or worse. best wishes
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I dont know if you ever get over it. my husband cheated 3 years ago and i still have bad days. i think you give your life and love to the one you think youll be with forever and when they hurt you that bad its hard to get over. In time if he proves himself loyal maybe it will change. His actions are still questionable thats why I cant let go im sure. if hes trying and you have n reason to think hes up to no good embrace it and move forward. marriage is supose to be forever for better or worse.
    Erica25800

Answer by Erica25800 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2008